Proyecto Justicia y Vida
Colombian NGO, panellist at the 16th Crime Commission Scheduled
The role of Civil Society in the prevention of Organised Crime: tools, strategies and practices.
26 April 2007
Proyecto Justicia y Vida is a non governmental institution with catholic inspiration, based in Bogotá, Columbia. It was founded in 2001 as initiative of university professors with a human rights focus.
Proyecto Justicia y Vida:
• Is active in research work, and in collecting information on collective experience and in digging deeper in the social, economical and political causes of crime.
• Published critical analysis papers in cooperation with the Circulo del Pensamiento Critico Latinoamericano, Catedra Camilo Torres, Pensamiento de Liberacion en America Latina and with the National University of Colombia.
• Fights against local crime working closely with the national and regional institutions and with the families of the victims.
• Acts as Human Rights defender.
• Found a Popular school on Human Rights and promotes the implementation of the International Human Rights in Colombia.
• Assists victims of Human rights violations giving them the legal support ( especially they have no sufficient means to afford to pay legal procedures)
• Carries on education of women and children to raise awareness preventing violations.
Reference Person and invited speaker:
Lilia Solano Ramirez
National Director of Projecto Justicia y Vida
Carrera 43 n. 22A- 76 ofi. 401
AA 356656 Bogotá Colombia
Telefax: (57 1) 244 7754 and (571 1) 368 8724
Mobile phone (57) 315 267 98 40
Home (57 1) 212-0169